1st Annual Lakota Food Summit
Youth Poster Gathering & Leadership Summit
February 19, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm MST
Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza
Rapid City, SD 57701
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Lakota Food Summit's Poster Gathering and Leadership Summit.
We need your help answering the question: "What does our future as a food sovereign Lakota Nation look like?"
Submissions should explore answers to this question and meet the following standards:
- Poster should offer an introduction which presents who the team is comprised of, the school they are from, and why they are passionate about Lakota Food Sovereignty.
- Poster offers concepts, ideas and projects that can be implemented to promote food sovereignty in their community.
- Poster identifies who will do what to accomplish the goals set forth.
- Poster determines how and when things will be done, outlining steps to reaching the solution.
- Poster identifies partners that can help implement the projects in the community.
- Posters should be submitted in a PDF format (attached to the bottom of this submission form).
- Posters should list all authors, give acknowledgement for any team advisors, and offer appropriate credit and citations for references.
Poster competition is open to teams of native high school students. Teams must:
- Be limited to 10 students maximum
- Teams must be derived from a single high school
- Posters must be submitted by 11:59 PM Mountain Time on February 1, 2020.
Multiple posters will be accepted from one school.
Top teams will receive admission to the 2020 Lakota Food Summit Gathering & Leadership Summit. Top posters will receive travel scholarship assistance to attend the Lakota Food Summit Youth Leadership Summit in Rapid City, SD on February 19, 2020.
A sample poster can be found at www.IndianAg.org/LakotaFoodSummit. Answers can be directed to Kelsey Ducheneaux at email@example.com.
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.