Policy & Government
INTERTRIBAL AGRICULTURE COUNCIL
POLICY & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Starting with the development of the 1990 Farm Bill through the most current Farm Bill, the IAC has been one of the most stalwart voices working towards solutions on issues facing tribal governments and tribal producers in food and agriculture production.
The policy work of the IAC is unique. It is directly connected to our work with tribal producers and tribal governments on the ground through all of the IAC’s program areas and technical assistance network.The policy work of the IAC now has a dedicated presence in Washington, DC and permanently houses the Native Farm Bill Coalition. The IAC is committed to connect on-the-ground impacts to solutions at the federal level and further public issue education and policy advocacy for Indian Country’s food producers.
This spring, the Native Farm Bill Coalition is organizing a series of “fly-ins” for Tribal leaders and Native producers across the country to talk directly with members of Congress, their staff, and the Biden Administration.
POLICY BRIEFS AND PRIORITIES
- USDA Barriers Consultation - Tribal Leader Briefing Doc
- IAC-NFBC Priorities for COVID-19 Leg Relief - January 29, 2021
- Biden/Harris Administration Immediate Priorities
- IAC Brief on C4 Emergency COVID-19 Relief Package - December 21, 2020
- USDA Barriers Consultation - Tribal Leader Briefing Document - March 19, 2021
- IAC Statement Congratulating Sec. Vilsack - Confirmation as USDA Secretary
- IAC Letter Supporting the Confirmation of Rep. Haaland for DOI Secretary
- IAC Statement Supporting the Nomination of Sec. Vilsack
- IAC Letter Supporting Janie Hipp for USDA Dep. Secretary
- IAC Letter Supporting Rep. Haaland for DOI Secretary
- IAC Letter of Support for Sec. Vilsack's Confirmation
- IAC and 177 Orgs Letter for Support for Janie Simms Hipp - USDA General Counsel - 5/24/2021
ADMINISTRATIVE & CONGRESSIONAL LINKS
- Biden Admin. - COVID-19 Legislative Proposal Fact Sheet - 1/14/2021
IAC NFBC ADVOCACY DOCUMENTS
- IAC-NFBC Letter Supporting Ag Provisions in H.R. 1319 - American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 - 3/4/2021
- Template Letter of Support for Ag Provisions in H.R. 1319 - American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 - 3/4/2021
- USDA-OTR Consultation on Consultations and Barriers/Inequities at USDA - 3/22/2021
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Request for Comments on COVID Stimulus - 3/31/2021
- IAC-NFBC Sign-on Letter to Support Simms Hipp to Serve as USDA General Counsel - 4/14/2021
- IAC Comments on Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis - 4/29/21
FSA DEBT RELIEF LITIGATION LINKS
- IAC Joins with 25 Organizations on an Amicus Brief to Fight for FSA Debt Relief for all BIPOC Producers - 6/23/2021
Contact Abi Fain, Policy & Government Relations Director at email@example.com
“The Markup” is IAC’s policy brief update to keep Indian Country in the loop on what is going on in the Washington, D.C. beltway. A “markup” is when a congressional committee meets to offer changes, amendments, and to debate legislation, and we hope the information provided in the IAC Markup policy brief will provide the same opportunity for knowledge sharing and involvement in the process.